Thursday, February 23, 2012

Chef for a Day: My Husband's Turn to Cook

Is there anything better than a man who cooks?.. How about a man who cooks and bakes!

The other day, my husband, who up until this point in our marriage had only nailed down a small, but tasty number of meals, decided that he was going to make dinner for the whole family: my parents, my grandmother, my sister and her boyfriend and of course the two of us; quite a large gathering for a relative newbie in the kitchen.

But things went great and dinner was awesome!


He made a bowtie and chicken and broccoli pasta with a Italian Herb Cream Sauce, served with a Hawaiian Roll buttered the way he learned from Corky's BBQ in Lousiana.


For dessert we had a S'mores Pie: a from-scratch graham cracker crust, a chocolate filling, with a toasted marshmallow topping!  Incredibly rich but also very good and even though to burned our tongues (we ate it minutes after being pulled from the oven) it was so worth it to eat it hot!


No recipes or step-by-steps for this one, because afterall, I didn't make it!  I just wanted to brag about my culinary inclined husband!

No comments:

Post a Comment