Monday, February 13, 2012

Austin Trip- Part 2: Threadgill's


Over the past week or so, I haven't had any time to get on the computer and write.. I've been dealing with school work, real work, and both my husband and I got sick..again.. 

Anyway, now that I've explained my absence, I'm going to pick-up where I left off with my last posting...

The day after our dinner at Fran's, my husband had his final day shooting "Trusted" in Austin.  I dropped him off at the location and heading back to the hotel to get some more sleep, after all I had stayed up late to read the entire first Hunger Games book.  After leaving the hotel, I stopped at Target and got the next in the series, "Catching Fire" and headed over to the coffee shop, Dominican Joe's, that Trusted was using as their "set".

I had every intention of just reading my book while the movie wrapped up, but they needed an extra to fill in the background and read a book and drink coffee.. which was what I was doing anyway, just now there was a camera involved.  Three (charged-to-the-production of course.. you know, just perks of the job..) iced coffees and what seemed like fifteen-million takes later, they were finally done.

By this time I hadn't had anything to eat since the continental breakfast at the hotel and it was already 5 o'clock.
We ended up at this restaurant called Threadgill's; turns out it has a long history in Austin, including being "home" to Janice Joplin's career.

I thought the food was pretty good, but my husband thought it was great, so I have to say thanks again to my cold and my stupid lack of ability to really taste my food.

Both of us hungry, we ordered a lot:
  
He got their "World Famous" chicken fried sirloin with mac and cheese and creamed spinach.

I got their "World Famous" chicken fried sirloin with mashed potatoes...

and a garden salad with their amazing homemade Chipotle Ranch
dressing ( which I will have to try to duplicate!)


Homemade Salsa (perfect amount of heat) & Tortilla Chips


Dinner rolls and (I think, cheesy) cornbread and
Hibiscus Tea (which wasn't sweet enough)


Threadgill's is located at:
301 West Riverside Dr
Austin, Texas 78704
http://threadgills.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment